Monday, April 11, 2011

WOTD: Balderdash

Bal.der.dash
\ BAWL-der-dash \ , noun;
1. senseless, stupid, or exaggerated talk or writing; nonsense.
2. (Archaic:) A muddled mixture of liquors.

"That bit about cleanliness being next to godliness was a lot of balderdash as far as I was concerned."
-- Jeannette Walls, Half Broke Horses
.
.
.
I like lemon and leaves in my blog! Okay. That was random. I felt like blogging for no reason. Exactly fits WOTD yes, no? In other words, if you got nothing to blog, then why blog ? It'll just end up being the most boring post the entire universe has ever seen. Or not, because not even my neighbour knows the existence of this blog. Blergh.
.
.
.
I've seen a lot of balderdash in people, in myself especially. Mostly originates from abused patience that turns in fury. I never blame emotions, especially if you let it linger. I've considered the possible effects and decided that I'd rather not deal with the everlasting consequences of a sudden outburst.

It is fortunate that we can retract the things we write, but the effects of what we say, what we write cannot be undone. It is a permanent thing, forever etched in time and only failing memory can erode its presence. But recent events make me realize that sometimes when going about our daily lives and just being the generally foolish beings that we are, we tend to step on other's toes and trample on the hearts of others without knowing.

If you know the effects of what you are saying, then all of these won't apply to you because there is really no excuse for being mean and bitchy. But it is true that sometimes we just don't realize how much we hurt with our words and actions. And these unintended blows to the heart will hurt just as bad and it doesn't subside even with the feeble acts of rationalization of the accidental attacker and the one accidentally attacked. Simply, we sometimes unknowingly hit a raw nerve with people and that causes trouble. I think this is the reason why we have to seek forgiveness every time we part and leave amicably...

Haih, I'm now wishing for a world where "sorry", "I love you" and all the hard phrases comes easy. Maybe we'll have fewer wars. Maybe. Again, I wish for a world where people just understand what other people mean to say, without having to actually say it. Life, I think, would be much simpler. But, for all that is worth my dear family and friends:

I am sorry and I love you

No comments:

It is often at this time when both of the kids are asleep and usually I'l spend a moment watching them sleep and today,just now, natural...